ARE YOU READY TO BE THE VERY BEST?
The Kami-Con PokéCenter will be a place for weary Pokémon Trainers like you to relax, chat with other Trainers, and attend PokéPanels to learn more about your Pokémon!
Be sure to bring your Nintendo DS, 3DS or 2DS, your copy of your favorite Pokémon game, and any Pokémon cards so you can play and trade with other Trainers!
Battle other Trainers like yourself! This is between you and them!
KAMI-CON GYM LEADER CHALLENGE
Challenge Kami-Con’s Pokémon Gym Leaders and their teams to earn your badges and a special prize for those who earn at least 6 of the 8 badges!
The prize is a random SHINY from generations 1-5!
The PokéCenter will also be hosting a Pokémon Video Game Tournament!
Tournament entry fee is $10. Winner gets a gift card to GameStop!
GYM LEADER AND TOURNAMENT RULES
The following clauses and banned Pokémon are in effect for both gym leader battles and the tournament. The tournament rules do not apply to gym leader battles.
Violation of these clauses will result in disqualification.
- Sleep clause:You lose if, at the end of your turn, two of your opponent’s Pokémon were put to sleep by a move you used but were not forced into, and neither has had their sleep removed since then.
- The clause basically means that if you have already put a Pokémon on your opponent’s side to sleep and it is still sleeping, you can’t put another one to sleep.
- A move you were “forced into” is a move you must use because all other moves (that cannot inflict sleep) are disabled (by Choice item, Encore, or some combination of Taunt, Disable, Torment, and lack of PP) and you cannot switch (due to trapping moves, trapping abilities, Ingrain, or having all other Pokémon be fainted).
- A move you used includes moves called by Metronome, Sleep Talk, Assist, Me First, or Copycat. It does not include Magic Coat or Magic Bounce.
- Rest, used by either player, is never counted by this clause.
- Species clause: No two Pokémon possessing the same national Pokédex number can participate on the same team.
- No two Pokémon can have the same nickname.
- A Pokémon cannot have a nickname that is the name of an already existing Pokémon. (Ex: an Abra named “Mewtwo”).
- OHKO clause (one-hit-knock-out clause): No Pokémon on either team can know the moves sheer cold, horn drill, guillotine, or fissure.
- Evasion clause: No Pokémon on either team can have a Pokémon that knows the moves double team of minimize.
- Abilities such as sand veil and snow cloak cannot be used on the same team as a Pokémon that possesses the sand stream or snow warning ability respectively. These abilities are also illegal in combination with the moves sandstorm and hail respectively.
- The items brightpowder, lax incense, and any other items with similar effects will be banned under this clause.
- Moody clause: No Pokémon on either team can possess the ability Moody.
- Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Thus:
- A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
- A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Pain Split on its moveset.
- A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Fling on its moveset.
- The move swagger is banned.
- Latios and Latias cannot hold the soul dew item.
These pokemon are not allowed to be on any team.
- Shaymin-Sky Forme
- Landorus Incarnate
- Greninja with protean
- Zygarde 100%
BANNED MEGA STONES
Pokémon are considered illegal if they possess their hidden ability that has not been released yet. Any Pokémon that can mega evolve using the above stones cannot hold them during play.
- Tournament player will register a team of six Pokémon with regards to above rules.
- Tournament entry fee will be $10.
- Teams in tournament play will use double battle rules. Trainers can only select four Pokémon to participate in each battle.
- The moves dark void and sky drop are banned in double battles.
- Each battle in tournament will be single elimination.
- Please note that for the tournament you must have the most recent version of Pokémon to compete.
- No two Pokémon may hold the same item in tournament play.